ATC Equity and Equality
We are expanding our concepts of personal, biological, and cultural identity. We welcome all people in their self-expression. Our circle is open to include everyone coming to receive this work.
We ask all educators and decision-making members to commit to the following:
- Embrace antiracism with all my abilities, specifically as the trauma of cultural racism is expressed in our bodies. I will do my own work to acknowledge the institutional/structural racist, colonialist, and white supremacist culture within which our classes and therapy are delivered.
- Embrace anti-sexism with all my abilities, specifically as the trauma of cultural sexism is expressed in our bodies. I will do my own work to acknowledge the institutional and structural sexist, colonialist, and patriarchal culture within which our classes and therapies are delivered.
- Work towards a greater understanding of best practice to provide full access for people living with disabilities.
- Verbally and explicitly acknowledge in every meeting and class, the native and ancestral peoples upon whose land we may be practicing and teaching, as well as acknowledging the origins of the folk medicine practices that are key components of Abdominal Therapy.
- Work towards a greater understanding of the gender identity and expression of our clients and students. I understand that the bodies of our clients and students need this work from loving hands.
- Accept that, as a member, instructor and/or founder of the Abdominal Therapy Collective, I am willing to offer a reduced fee for marginalized/oppressed students.
- I will be open to feedback from my colleagues and students reflecting further work to be done by our organization and myself for all of the above statements.
- To further support these directives, I commit to participating in at least one workshop/class on equity and antiracism.